Thread wedge in lablgtk: happens in linux too

Jacques Garrigue garrigue at
Tue Jul 3 04:38:44 CEST 2001

> I downloaded and built ocaml on my linux box to see if this bug was reproducible there.  With the default thread configuration, I
> didn't seem to be able to Thread.create to do anything except return a handle.  I'm not sure if this is normal.
> Passing -with-pthread to configure and rebuilding, I got the identical result as under win98 with one observable exception: "mouse
> move" events don't appear to be enough to unwedge.  But "mouse entry" and "mouse click" are.  It has been a long time since I
> looked at the X mouse handling documentation, but I seem to recall you have to do something special to get sent mouse motion
> events.  I know win32 sends them to all applications.  So this makes sense.

Each widget has its defaults set of events it receives.
Apparently POINTER_MOTION is not in it. You can add it, just before
area#misc#realize ():

let w = area#event#add [`POINTER_MOTION]; ...

This gets your expected behavior.