Galde support [was: Re: Accessing labels of GTree.tree_item]

Jacques Garrigue garrigue at kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue May 15 11:47:10 CEST 2001

From: Benjamin Monate <Benjamin.Monate at lri.fr>

> > Well, glade support for one thing is still in preliminary stage.
> > There is always work to be done...
>
> By glade support, do you mean interfacing libglade in ocaml ?
>
> I am currently writing a filter that takes a Glade xml file as input and
> outputs a set of ocaml modules where the user just has to write the
> callbacks' body. This is what glade does for C.
>
> What do you think of this approach ?

This approach works also, but has a big drawback: you cannot edit your
files afterwards. So this is nice to start an application, but after
that you have to code by hand.

My idea was to both interface to libglade, and generate wrappers to
access the widgets build by libglade. To make it even more modular,
these wrappers could eventually be compiled indepently, and modified
by inheritance.

This way you can modify easily details of the layout of your
application, without having to change the ML code.

By the way, if you have a parser for glade description files, I'm
interested. In fact, this is almost the only item I need to complete
my scheme.

Cheers,

Jacques