tree view models written in ocaml

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Mar 4 00:42:55 CET 2005

I too am having problems with GtkTreeView.

I have quite a complex hierarchical model already.  In particular each
node in the model can contain a bunch of arbitrary extra data
structures which I don't want to be displayed as columns.

Is it better to write my own tree model?  (And if so, where on earth
do I start?  I have no idea how to go about this.)

Or is it better, as was suggested on one of the Gtk lists, to use a
Gobject.Data.pointer or Gobject.Data.boxed to "hang" my extra
structures on to a row, and just use the ordinary GtkTreeModel?  (I'm
not exactly sure how to do this one either ...)

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.