Set properties on widgets - how?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Mar 7 19:29:21 CET 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 03:06:46PM +0100, Olivier Andrieu wrote:
>  > Richard Jones [Sun, 6 Mar 2005]:
>  > +----------------------------------------------- table cell ------+
>  > |+---------------------- entry box ---+                           |
>  > ||                                    |                           |
>  > ||                                    |                           |
>  > ||                                    |                           |
>  > |+------------------------------------+                           |
>  > +-----------------------------------------------------------------+
>  >
>  > Is it possible to do this?
>
> You could try wrapping your entry in a GBin.alignment widget : that
> way you'll be able to request a width for the alignment.

I looked into this in some more detail today and found another
solution (it was suggested on a Gtk mailing list).  Not particularly
elegant, but it works:

+----------------------------------------------- table cell ------+
|+---------------------------------------------------- hbox -----+|
||+---------------------- entry box ---+ +----------- label ---+ ||
|||                                    | |                     | ||

The label is empty and has ~expand:true so it uses up all the
remaining space in the hbox.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.