class view objects and connecting adjustments to them

Erik de Castro Lopo ocaml-erikd at mega-nerd.com
Thu Mar 30 10:34:04 CEST 2006

Jacques Garrigue wrote:

> Not this one: it is inteded to react to the addition of an adjustment.
> If you want just to connect adjustment, this is simpler than that, but
> we would need to know what you want to connect it to.

Well I'm trying to connect it to a GText.view object in lablgtk2.

> As a first step, you could try "grep adjustment examples/*.ml"
> There are quite a number of examples there.

Thanks Jacques. Since I was just using the Debian/Ubuntu packages,
I wasn't aware of these examples. However, they are indeed on
my system. When the liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev packages are installed,
these examples end up in the directory:

  /usr/share/doc/liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev/examples/

I notice that the program editor.ml uses and older deprecated
widget and does :

    editor#text#set_vadjustment scrollbar#adjustment

Unfortunately, the newer non-deprecated GText.view widget does
not seem to have a set_vadjustment method. All of the examples
embed a GText.view window inside a scrolled window which doesn't
work for my application.

Erik
--
  Erik de Castro Lopo