[Lablgtk-list] trouble with 2.16 installation

Adrien camaradetux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:45:41 CEST 2012

On 24/08/2012, Bruno Guillaume <Bruno.Guillaume at loria.fr> wrote:
> Hi lablgtk-list,
>
> when I compile lablgtk 2.16 from the sources, everything goes well but when
> I install it through macports, I have some problem:
>
> "sudo port install lablgtk2" runs well
>
> "lablgtk2" gives me the error:
>
>>  Cannot load required shared library dlllablgtk2.
>>  Reason: dlllablgtk2.so: dlopen(dlllablgtk2.so, 138): image not found.
>
> The so file is installed: with the command "sudo port contents lablgtk2 |
> grep dlllablgtk2", I have
>
>>    /opt/local/lib/ocaml/site-libs/stublibs/dlllablgtk2.so

It's a bit weird that the filename ends in ".so". As far as I know, it
should be .dylib on your platform. Can you attach (or upload
somewhere) the full build log?

> The compilation fails also; the two command below
>
> "echo 'open GMain' > test.ml"
> "ocamlfind ocamlc -package lablgtk2 test.ml"
>
> fails with:
>
>> File "test.ml", line 1, characters 0-10:
>> Error: Unbound module GMain
>
> any idea of the problem ?

Can you add -verbose to the invocation? It will give details.

Also, you will (i.e. later) need to add -linkpkg to the command-line

Regards,
Adrien Nader