[Lablgtk-list] Building lablGtk 2.18.0/2.14.2 + gtksourceview2 on Windows

Andreas Hauptmann andreas at ml.ignorelist.com
Fri Dec 6 13:08:08 CET 2013

On Fri, 6 Dec 2013 12:28:05 +0100

> Indeed it works.  The difference is in the gtk precompiled binaries.
> The ones I've downloaded from the link on the lablgtk2 homepage are
> not working for me.  Where did you get yours?

The windows packages at ftp.gnome.org are not well maintained. They are
incomplete and outdated (the 64bit version wasn't updated for years).
I've therefore switched to the ones from the openSUSE factory (also
mentioned here: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK%2B/Win32 )
However, they distribute several individual rpm packages, that you have
to combine ( see e.g. https://github.com/mkbosmans/download-mingw-rpm )